1. When considering your purchase, think about how you plan to use your space. Will you need dining furniture or just lounging (deep-seating) furniture? Do you need chaise lounges or other furniture around the pool or all of the above? We are professionally trained to assist you in making the most of your casual living areas.
2. Think about your color schemes. There are so many options and it helps to have a general plan so that you’re not overwhelmed when you begin your search!
3. Before you even start to look for new patio furniture, take some measurements so that you will know approximately how much furniture your space will accommodate. We can provide measurements for our furniture so that you have an idea of what will fit. There are free programs available on the internet that can help you arrange your floor plan.
4. Consider the type of furniture that you may want. We can show you a variety of options and explain the features and benefits of each style. Our furniture styles include powder coated aluminum with sling or cushion seating, woven-resin wicker with outdoor fabric cushions, teak furniture, polylumber (maintenance free & very durable), resin furniture and custom strapped aluminum. There are a great many choices, but our experienced staff can help you sort through it all.
5. If you just need new cushions on your furniture, this is one of our specialties. Here are a few tips to simplify this sometimes complex process.
a. Measurements – we can use your own measurements. We need width (side to side), depth (front to back for seat cushions, bottom to top for back cushions) and thickness. Accuracy is critical since they are custom made, we cannot take any returns on these items. Please see our “how to measure cushions” tutorial at the end if this section. If you prefer, you may also bring your cushions in for us to measure. We only need one set (back & seat) for chairs that are exactly alike.
We need the entire set for a sofa or loveseat unless the cushions for all of your furniture are interchangeable.
b. If you bring cushions in to us, please make sure to clean them of pet/animal hair or obvious debris e.g leaves, grass, spider webs. We thank you for your consideration.
c. It is very helpful if we know the manufacturer’s name and the collection name of your furniture. If you have that information, please bring it to us. We can work without it, but it enables us to better repair your furniture.
d. We need to know the general construction of your furniture: is it wood, aluminum, wicker, etc.
e. We work with 5-6 different replacement cushion companies. They all have different fabric books so it’s important that we determine which company can make your cushions and make your fabric selections from that company.
f. If you have your own fabric (COM), several of our cushion companies will make cushions using your material. There may be an increased cost and the terms of the warranty may be affected.
g. We do not re-use the ‘stuffing’ from your old cushions. The cost of the cushions is in the outer fabric so you do not save money by re-using the ‘stuffing’.
h. Cushion materials are graded by manufacturers so an “A” grade fabric will cost a little less than a “B” grade fabric. Fabric grades generally run from ” A” to “G” with “G” being the most expensive fabric. The grading is determined by the colors, patterns, designs, etc., not necessarily the quality.
5. Replacement or new cushions generally take a minimum of 3-4 weeks. There are occasions when we have to ship your cushions to the manufacturer to be sure the sizing is correct. This may add a little time to those orders.